Redcap&Truss acted as exclusive financial advisor to Utility Infrastructure Group Limited (“UIG”), on its acquisition of Proline Power Corp. (“Proline”)
UIG is a Canadian based company focused on the construction and design of utility and infrastructure assets.
Proline, based in Panoka Alberta, was established in April of 2012 with a goal of establishing itself as a top competitive power line contractor in Western Canada. Proline provides construction services for building and maintaining overhead and underground power lines.
Redcap&Truss acted as the exclusive financial advisor to UIG and facilitated a transaction by:
- Completing a review of the Western Canadian power line market and providing a series of recommended targets to UIG for consideration
- Approaching targets and gauging their interest in continuing a dialogue with UIG
- Analyzing target’s financial statements, asset list and its service offering (both historical and future) and developing an initial estimate of value – process ultimately identified Proline as an attractive target
- Quarterbacking all due diligence and documentation communications required between Proline’s advisors, accountants and lawyers and UIG’s advisors
- Negotiating the final LOI (letter of intent) and PSA (share purchase and sale agreement) with Proline